8/31/2005

One Year

Well, I have now been in Chicago for one full year, having arrived in town one year ago yesterday. At this point in time when I was in LA, I was starting to get a little buyer's remorse, but not yet ready to fly the coop.

After a year in Chicago, I can definitely say that I'm not going anywhere. This town's great! I finally know where things are, I know alot more people, and even though I loathe my apartment, this feels alot more like a home than anywhere I've lived in a long time. Plus, the only natural disasters I have to worry about are extreme heat and extreme cold. No quakes, no hurcs.

I'm also glad I got to go to New Orleans when I did a few years ago, though I wish I could have seen more. Now its reduced to a festering chemical gumbo. Luckily, the one person that I knew that was living there moved to Indy a few years ago. Though I'm willing to bet that this disaster may hit Bridget harder than any of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home