6/19/2005

Semi-Job

UPDATE: For all those concerned about the missing instructor: He's fine. There was just some miscommunication. He showed up later in the week right around the time when his message reappeared in the proper person's inbox.

Yay. I have a job... for the next two weeks, that is. I'm teaching at one of the best high schools in the state when it comes to percussion, and getting a good rate o' pay to do it.

How it happened is that I know the guy who runs the program, and one of the instructors who was supposed to be there kinda disappeared. Granted, he apparently got married only a coupla weeks ago, but even though he was very hyped to teach, he hasn't shown up and hasn't returned anyone's calls. So, as a backup, I'll be in the suburbs for the next two weeks, staying at Schmuck's.

This is actually a good development, as it will give me money and reduce the amount I'll have to borrow to cover my rent and bills, while at the same time, I'll be able to finish up my bartending exam and get that ball rolling.

Though I doubted it, this drumming ability is essentially saving my ass here.

Good stuff. And please, leave comments on any post you feel deserves one. I'm all for a discussion on anything I post on.

Piece.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck on the job. Now I'm the unemployed one. Of course, my status was voluntary... :)

Karin

4:54 PM  
Blogger Bridget E. Wilde said...

Wow, congrats!

8:49 PM  
Blogger K said...

thank you. And the job also comes with a complimentary tan. My arms and neck are nicely bronzed already.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home