10/13/2005

Getting back into the swing of things.....

Tonight was one of those nights that I've been waiting for; to get back to what I really like.

One of the patrons at the bar I usually hang out at, a guy I typically just took for granted as a regular drunk, turns out to be a pianist. And a good one at that. And he is the head of a small organization that seeks to bring New music out.

My kinda stuff.

So when I was at the bar last night, I asked Brandon if there was anything interesting going on in the near future, and he tells me about this show he's performing in. Basically, it consisted of silent films with live music accompaniment. All films were made by Chicagoans and all music was written and performed by Chicagoans (I even knew of few of the people!) All run by this patron, Seth. Excellent, excellent stuff.

The reason I found this to be good beyond pure enjoyment of the program is that it kinda sets my mind back into the set of seeking and creating new and innovative interpretations of sound and sight. I refound the niche that I lost when I left Champaign. Now I just gotta keep it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home